Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes depends on volunteers like you to help us recruit sponsors, teams and other volunteers that will help increase fundraising dollars for diabetes research, information and advocacy. Day of Event volunteers help the event run smoothly and ensure the walk is a memorable experience for everyone! For more information or to sign up, contact the local event coordinator.
We need people to contribute their valuable time by serving in the following areas:
Help the Association raise much-needed funds to Stop Diabetes in one of these ways:
- Join a local Executive Committee to recruit new sponsors, teams and other volunteers.
- Join a local Planning Committee to help secure in kind donations and plan the day of event activities.
- Assist with marketing the Step Out event in your community, get involved by helping inspire other participants to fundraise or help with navigating our Step Out Center!
Day of Event Volunteers
We count on our Day of Event volunteers to ensure a successful Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes experience. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Registration: Welcome Team Captains and walkers, help get them registered and distribute t-shirts.
- Rest Stop: Serve refreshments, offer assistance and provide support to walkers.
- Finish Line: Serve refreshments and cheer and greet walkers as they complete their day.