Champions to Stop Diabetes are fundraisers who raise $1,000 or more. They are committed to doing everything they can to Stop Diabetes and are truly the backbone of our fundraising efforts.
$1,000 may seem like a daunting amount, but once you set your goal to become a Champion, the ADA staff will help you achieve your goal by coaching you and giving you fundraising tips. You will also receive recognition on event day and more. The ADA staff is committed to helping you become a member of the Champions Club!
The Impact of Champions
Without Champions, ADA would have a hard time funding research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes; deliver services to hundreds of communities; provide objective and credible information; and give voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes. In short we couldn’t do it without Champions to Stop Diabetes!
How Can I Become a Champion?
You too can join the ranks of this important group of walkers!
- If you haven't registered yet, do that first!
- Set your goal at $1,000 or more. Remember, ADA will help you achieve your goal.
- Tell everyone you know you are ‘Striving to be Champion’ and that you need their support. You can even use pre-written email templates in your Step Out Center that asks others to help you become a Champion!
- Thank your donors, ask others to support you, and watch your thermometer grow!
- Celebrate becoming a Champion to Stop Diabetes!
Contact your local office if you have questions or to find out more about how they support and recognize Champions in your city!