Large and small companies, businesses and organizations form teams and walk with us each year to raise funds for diabetes research, information and advocacy. They have joined the movement to Stop Diabetes—bringing hope to people living with and affected by diabetes.
Invite employees, company vendors, employees' families, friends and neighbors to join your team. Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes is a fun, healthy event that brings co-workers and their families together outside the office to help the American Diabetes Association Stop Diabetes.
Benefits of forming a team at your company:
- Strengthens teamwork and team building skills.
- Boosts corporate pride and employee retention.
- Provides a wellness activity for employees.
- Encourages community involvement.
- Easier to fundraise with others.
- Gains visibility for its products or services.
- More fun to participate as a group and celebrate on the day of the walk!
If you have a team with a goal of $10,000 or more you may be eligible for additional benefits and resources from local market staff. Please contact your local ADA staff at 1-888-DIABETES to find out more.
Form a team at your company today! Contact your Human Resources Department or Community Relations Department to get company-wide support and also find out if your company has a Matching Gift Program.