When a family or friend is diagnosed with diabetes, we all want to do something to make a difference. Participating in Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes is a meaningful way to support or remember a loved one.
Family Teams are made up of family and friends, civic groups, organizations, places of worship or schools. They celebrate and remember lives touched by diabetes, like our Red Striders. Teams raise money to help fund research, information and advocacy.
Build a Family Team! Become a team captain and set a team fundraising goal! Invite everyone you know to join your team, raise money and walk with you.
Benefits of forming a Family Team:
- Provides an opportunity for family and friends to get together.
- Provides a wellness activity for the whole family.
- Encourages community involvement.
- Easier to fundraise with others.
- More fun to participate as a group and celebrate on the day of the walk!