Welcome to Wellcare's National Team
Last year, 28 WellCare teams in ten states comprised of over 560 associates, friends and family members raised money to help fight diabetes. Associate fundraising combined with a contribution from WellCare and The WellCare Community Foundation brought the total donated to more than $118,000. We are very proud of our participation and applaud our many associates who supported this important initiative through our WellCare Associate Volunteer Efforts (WAVE).
In 2017, we are continuing to support the American Diabetes Association and hope you will join us as we raise funds and walk together to find a cure for this disease. Nearly 26 million adults and children in the United States have diabetes. This disease affects so many of us, and the populations we serve.
Invite your friends and family to participate in a Step Out walk in your local community. If there isn't a walk near your home, you can still join a WellCare team in any city and participate virtually by helping to recruit others and fundraising for the cause.
Walks begin as early as March in Honolulu and occur throughout the country through November.
Since there will not be a Step Out walk in Atlanta or Nashville this year, associates in these cities can instead create a Tour de Cure team! Fundraising guidelines still apply to these events. Click here for more information and to create a Tour de Cure team. Be sure and include WellCare in the team name so we can keep up with your progress!
Register your WellCare team today!
If you previously participated in Step Out, or one of the other American Diabetes Association signature events (Tour de Cure, School Walk for Diabetes or Rip's B.A.D. Ride), login with your old username and password prior to registering. (If you do not have/remember this information, click here to have the information e-mailed to you.)
Instructions on how to join a WellCare team and participate in the Step Out Walk in your area:
TEAM CAPTAINS: start a new team (only associates can be a Team Captain)
- Click the CREATE A TEAM button above.
- Using the search options, find your event.
- Click the event name for which you want to participate, then click REGISTER
- Select CREATE A NEW TEAM.
- Sign in as a returning user or Register as a new user.
- When creating a team name, please include "WellCare" at the beginning (e.g. WellCare High Steppers, WellCare Team Harmony/Chicago).
- Enter Team Division: select "Corporate Team".
- Enter your teammate recruitment goal.
- Enter the team's fundraising goal.
- Enter National Team: select (or type) "Team WellCare Health Plans, Inc." (This is critical so all our teams are included under the WellCare National Team umbrella!).
- Click "NEXT STEP" and follow the rest of the steps by entering your personal information.
To join an existing team:
- Click JOIN A TEAM above.
- Search for the team by team name or captain's name
- Find the WellCare team you want to join in the search results, then click the red JOIN TEAM button.
- Follow the rest of the steps by entering your personal information.
For more information or if you are interested in being a Team Captain, contact Jody Hall (Jody.Hall@wellcare.com) or 813.206.3340.
Rider and Team Resources:
We are here to provide support! Please see our resources below for more information about preparing for the ride of a lifetime:
|Number of Gifts:||61|
|Event Name||Gift Amount||Members Recruited|
|2017 Step Out Hawaii||
|2017 Step Out: Jacksonville, FL||
|2017 Step Out: Philadelphia, PA||
|Team Name||Event Name||Gift Amount||Members Recruited|
|`Ohana Health Plan||2017 Step Out Hawaii||
|Participant Name||Event Name||Gift Amount|
|JOSEPH LARNERD||2017 Step Out Hawaii||
|Doreen Mero||2017 Step Out Hawaii||
|Erin Castro||2017 Step Out Hawaii||
|Caroline Bacalla||2017 Step Out Hawaii||
|Lauren Teranishi||2017 Step Out Hawaii||
|Angelica Pineda||2017 Step Out Hawaii||
|Brittany Willett||2017 Step Out Hawaii||
|Eugene Manibog||2017 Step Out Hawaii||
|Elin Amano-Tabuyo||2017 Step Out Hawaii||
|Mariah Angelica Gaerlan||2017 Step Out Hawaii||