There is an elite group of fundraisers who participate in Step Out. Those who raise $1,000 or more become Champions to Stop Diabetes. They are committed to doing everything they can to Stop Diabetes and are truly the backbone of our fundraising efforts.
When you set a goal to become a Champion, ADA staff will not only do everything they can to help you achieve your goal, but they’ll recognize and encourage you along the way! The ADA staff is committed to helping you join the Champions Club!
The Impact of Champions
In 2012, there were more than 2,500 Champions walking in Step Out events around the country. And while they only represented 2% of Step Out walkers, they raised 49% of all walker fundraising dollars! This is a testament to the dedication and passion of this elite group of walkers.
Without Champions, ADA would have a hard time funding research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes; deliver services to hundreds of communities; provide objective and credible information; and give voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes. In short we couldn’t do it without Champions to Stop Diabetes!
How Can I Become a Champion?
You too can join the ranks of this important group of walkers!
- If you haven’t registered yet, do that first!
- Set your goal at $1,000 or more. Remember, ADA will help you achieve your goal.
- Tell everyone you know you are ‘Striving to be Champion’ and that you need their support. You can even use pre-written email templates in your Step Out Center that asks others to help you become a Champion!
- Thank your donors, ask others to support you, and watch your thermometer grow!
- Celebrate becoming a Champion to Stop Diabetes!
Contact your local office if you have questions or to find out more about how they support and recognize Champions in your city!