Team Captain and Walker Resources
- Team Captain Guide - As a Team Captain, you are responsible for your team's success and making sure every team member has a rewarding experience. It's a big job, but this guide will help support you every step of the way!
- Fundraising Guide - Start early and finish strong! This guide will take you from getting started with your fundraising, to following-up with your donors, and, finally, thanking them for their support!
- Team Captain Timeline - Follow this timeline and you’ll be sure to have a successful and fun Step Out experience!
- Wrap Around-Event Ideas (PDF) - Additional fundraising ideas that you can do to help raise money for your team and Stop Diabetes®!
- Association Offline Donation Deposit Slips (PDF) - This is a great tool to use if you have offline donations such as cash and checks that you want to send to your local Association office.
- Association Donor Receipts (PDF) - Provide these receipts to those who make a donation to support you.
Resources for Corporate Teams
- Corporate Team Captain Job Description - Check out the easy steps you can take to lead a successful Corporate Team!
- Internal Team Kickoff Agenda Template - Use this kickoff agenda to get your campaign off to a great start and get your team members excited about participating in Step Out!
- Tips for a Successful Internal Team Kickoff - Follow these tips and you will have a great Team Kickoff!
- Sample Recruitment Memos - These memos will make it easy to get the word out about your team to all company employees.
- Sample Vendor Letter - Solicit your company’s vendors to get involved in Step Out or support your team.
Resources for Friends & Family Teams
- Family Team Captain Job Description - Follow these easy steps for a successful Family Team!
- Family Team Member Recruitment Letter - This letter will help you recruit members to your Family Team!
- Family Team Ask for a Donation Letter - Share this letter with all of your team members to help them secure donations to help Stop Diabetes®!
- Family Team Event Details Letter - Send a letter to all team members to let them know about important day of event details, where you will meet, etc.
- Family Team Thank you Letter to Team - After the event, don’t forget to say thank you to your team members and share a team photo!
Thank You Gifts and Badges
You can earn great gifts for raising $200 or more. Higher fundraising totals make you eligible for incredible prizes like flat screen TVs and game consoles. Visit our Fundraising Incentive website to find out more.
You can earn online fundraising badges for raising $200 or more. They are our way of thanking you for raising money to fuel our mission to Stop Diabetes.
Matching Gifts can be a great way to double or even triple your funds raised and will help the American Diabetes Association Stop Diabetes! Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. Your company may match your donation as well as donations made by your co-workers if they also apply for matching gifts. Some companies even match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses! Don't forget to encourage your donors to ask their companies about matching gifts too!
Contact your Human Resources or Benefits Department to find out if your company has a Matching Gift Program or use our matching gift search.
Learn how your company's Matching Gift Program works. Do they match gifts made to health organizations? Does your company require a minimum donation amount? Will they match 1:1? Or even 1:2? You can turn a $25 donation into $50! Or $50 into $150!
Find out how your company wants you to submit your matching gift. Companies have various methods by which you can submit your matching gift request: online forms, automated phone systems, or a paper form that you submit to the American Diabetes Association when you turn in your donations.
Fill out your matching gift application and/or print out your online verification page and give it to us!
The advantages of using matching gifts:
- You can double the amount of money you turn in and qualify for larger incentives.
- Those individuals who support you can take advantage of it as well, increasing your funds raised.
- The American Diabetes Association will be able to fund more research, programs and education with the funds raised from matching gifts, aiding us in our mission to Stop Diabetes.
QUESTIONS? Call 1-888-DIABETES or contact your local office.