It's more fun to Step Out together! Gather your friends, family and co-workers and form a team! It's a great way to fundraise and support the American Diabetes Association's movement to Stop Diabetes. Walking is also a fun, healthy activity that you can do with other people.
Teams come in all sizes—two or more people make a team! Learn more about the different types of teams by choosing from the options below:
- National Teams Companies and organizations with teams that participate in events across the country
- Company Teams
- Family/Friends Teams
- Club & Organization Teams
- School Teams
Get started today!
- Find your Step Out event, then register by clicking the "Start a Team" button.
- Choose a team name—make sure to inform your team members of the name.
- Have your team members register by finding the event, clicking on "Join an Existing Team" and searching for your team name.
- Set goals and work together to make your Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes experience great! The average team goal is $1,200.
- If you've already registered as an individual and wish to become a team captain, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, event and team name. We will help you get started!
Create Your Team Web Page!
- Each Team Captain can create their team's Web page and use the provided tools to track their team roster and fundraising progress. Login to your Step Out Center and follow the prompts.
- Enter a message about your team, upload a photo and you're ready to go!
- Team Captains have the exclusive ability to send group email messages to their team members and to monitor their team's progress directly from their personal Step Out Center.